An easy to follow guide on how to completely remove an installed WordPress theme from your website using your WP admin dashboard.
1. Firstly, login to your websites WordPress admin. This is defaulted as wp-admin so for example http://mywebsite.com/wp-admin
2. On the sidebar to the left hand side, click on the Appearance tab
3. In the subheading, click on Themes. This will bring up all the WordPress themes you currently have installed.
4. Make sure that the WordPress theme you want to uninstall is NOT active. (To deactivate the theme you want to delete you simply need to active a different them. DO this by hovering over a different theme and selecting activate.)
5. Hover over the WP theme you wish to remove and click the XXX icon that appears in the centre of the theme box.
6. From here simply click the red ‘Delete’ button at the bottom of the screen.
7. Your WP theme has now been deleted
Share this Post